This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Wednesday, February 15, 2006
First Post & Mission Statement (arf arf)
The main purpose of this BLOG is to discuss the upcoming new season of DOCTOR WHO.
Of course, it ain't started yet so I'll have to fill it with the following:

1) Any WHO related material that comes my way leading up to the new season (I remember the days when we all used to say 'series')
2) Stuff I've seen during the week - TV, Films, Downloads
3) Any excitement I have due to my glamourous lifestyle as both a singer and a Quizmaster. They're not mutually exclusive you know. My 'bands' website (THE PORRIDGY) can be got to through the link of the left. Sorry, I mean right. You will also find a link to my quiz night (BATMAN & ROBBIE - now in it's 5th Year) and my ebay page. I sell stuff.

and I'll always finish with:
5) A bad joke


So what happened this week?

Doctor Who-wise it was dull until someone posted a 'set report' from the new season on a Dr Who forum. The BBC shut the thing down pretty quickly and there was much guffaws. The upshot was the guy got to see that the Daleks would be returning, apparently against the Cybermen. So, the Beeb, eager to hide this fact erased all memory of it, except here's an excerpt:

FINALLY (FOR NOW) THE DALEK ISSUE
just behind the pile of fake 50's TV sets from last week's location filming were four Daleks. One was painted pure matt black (whether an undercoat, I don't know, but it looked sort of complete like that). I was talking to Mark Gattis about visiting the set and he said "I always turn up just after something exciting happens. Last time I came was the day after they filmed the Cybermen and the Daleks". Consider this; a lot of the props had a layer of dust on then. The Daleks didn't. Draw your own conclusions


I am drawing them as we speak. Or even type.

A Dalek, yesterday.


Other than that, I went to see WALK THE LINE with Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix (actually I went with my girlfriend, arf arf). I like songs. I like films. I'm easy to please that way.

At my quiz night on Tuesday (see link over there, no the other there) there was a team called GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, VICE-PRESIDENTS DO (a reference to this story) which raised a titter as did BROKEBACK TO THE FUTURE II - This Time It's Anal.


Me, doing it, yesterday.


Finally, a bad joke.
I heard two film critics discussing the acting in BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN. One was doubtful but the other one said that Jake Gyllenhaal really pulled it off.

snarf

Until next week.
C
posted by Cameron McEwan at 10:55 pm -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives