This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Saturday, July 01, 2006
CYBERFEST, More Futurama & A New Job!
Last Saturday's episode of DR WHO was really only notable for 2 tings, or even things:
1. The Doc said the line: "I was a dad once.." - You could hear geeks across the UK typing away on the forums that this was not possible. I think they forgot that in the very first episode he had a grandaughter. Maybe they don't remember 1963 very well.
2. The jaw-dropping teaser for next week which made me gasp. The Cybermen will be back and, if my intuition serves me right, so will the Daleks. It featured a voice over from Billie which was unusual and haunting. Will she die? You decide. Otherwise it was probably the poorest episode in the last 2 seasons. It wasn't bad, just OK. The RADIO TIMES had an unprecendented '3rd in 1 season' DR WHO related cover. It was BILLIE.


Billie, yesterday

In other WHO-news, the new wave of action figures have been released. Full marks to TOYMASTER (formally TOY BAZZAR) for getting them in first. The new Cybes figure is the first WHO figure I have opened! Even more full marks to a branch of TOYMASTER in Inverurie called STRACHANS where my inside source, Craig (boyfriend of Alison who you may remember from THIS post) informed me of their stock. No less than 16 figures were purchased and a 10% discount was added, nice one Craig! What a day! Managed to sell half of them at over double the price I paid in 1 day. Happy times! Also released this week was the 12" version of the current Doctor (top marks to ARGOS for being the first) along with the TARDIS playset which made me dribble a little. No marks to TOYS 'R' US for being useless with zero new figures in. Boo!


My New Cyberman, yesterday

Elsewhere on TV, I gave SAXONDALE a second chance and despite a good performance from ALEXANDER ARMSTONG (impersonating Jeremy Clarkson) it was still a bit rubbish. STILL GAME was excellent again and BIG BROTHER also continues to amuse. There is a new hoose next door where AISYLENE has gone to live with 5 new housemates. News-wise, one of my fav shows FUTURAMA is to return as a series on COMEDY CENTRAL. It had already been announced that they were making straight-to-DVD releases but this is exciting! Check the story HERE.


Fry, Bender & Leela, yesterday

Life-wise, on Tuesday, I went for an interview with the Aberdeen University Students' Association for the post of Freshers' Week Convener. Found out the next day that I got the job, woo hoo! This keeps up my 100% record of attending interviews and getting the job. I am, as they say, the 'man'. Interestingly I beat off (steady) a guy who did a few lectures on my Film Studies course last year. Arf Arf.


What did the finger say to the thumb?
I'm in glove with you.

Schnarf

'Til next next time,
C
posted by Cameron McEwan at 3:03 pm -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives