This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Saturday, September 09, 2006
EDINBURGH shows & TV is getting better.
Many thanks to BBC6 Music for an effing great time in the 'Burgh!

Not only did we get tickets to 4 shows (2 of which were already sold out) but we got 2 nights in a four star hotel. Not just an ordinary room but a flippin' sweet! I mean suite. Great times.
Anyway went to see ED BYRNE whose entrance was phenomonal. I won't spoil it in case you go to see him in his upcoming tour. My advice? Don't miss the start. Went to see some Aussi burd who was allright if a little obvious. Women really shouldn't do stand-up, simple..... (that was a joke ladies). Anyway, RUSSELL BRAND was excellent, absolutely excellent. His stage presence was quite something and his jokes weren't too bad either. The audience were raucous to say the least with shouts of 'shows your dinkle/ball bags (or baw bags as they say in the central belt)'. Some nitwit was doing Pete impressions. I mean, really.


Ed & Russell, yesterday.


TV-wise (which is what this blog is meant to be about but I think we all forgot that a while back. It's meant to be about Dr Who for flips sake), things are getting slightly better. THE APPRENTICE (the original US version) is back and has not failed to disappoint. Hold on, does that make sense...(re-reads last sentence). Sadly though, my fav, CAROLYN, has been fired in real life from the Trump family. Go HERE for that story.


Scared? I am


FRIDAY NIGHT WITH JONATHON ROSS returned with PETE & NIKKI (remember them) as guests along with RICKY GERVAIS who was punting the second season of EXTRAS. They (who are they you ask? the VT guy?) showed a clip of DANIEL RADCLIFFE and I literally laughed out lout. No, really. Haven't seen much of DEAL OR NO DEAL 'cos I have been working and miss it. Sniff...


It's meant to be Ricky Gervais....


Actually I said TV was getting better but that's only 2 shows I mentioned. Coming up next week are the aforementioned EXTRAS and the new RUSSELL BRAND show. Over in the US most of the big shows start up again. 'citing, nice to see new stuff.

DR WHO-wise, THIS story did not make my dinkle do a burp. Reggie effin' Yates? Christ! There's been new figures released which I didn't know about so was unable to capitalise on eBay but I did not bad with some sales. I made a ridiculous amount on some freebies I got with BATTLES IN TIME. If you remember, that was a new publication tested in this area. Well it's about to go national so I got rid of what I could before then and I'm glad I did. Also, saw THIS t-shirt which made me smile.


He hosted TOTP and he's gonna be Shakespeare - they are the orginal Odd Couple....


Music-wise, the new MUSE album is excellent as is the new one from PETER BJORN & JOHN. Excellent, absolutely excellent. Got the CD that THE RESEARCH released earlier this year and it is sooo good. Also got SWOON by PREFAB SPROUT on CD (finally!) and am rediscovering its beauty. On the radar is a tribute album to TIM BURTON'S THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS which makes me feel ill that these tossers will ruin a perfect soundtrack. Go HERE for that story. Speaking of films, I saw VOLVER (Penelope Cruz was ace); A SCANNER DARKLY (Keanu -why???? So flippin' bad); NACHO LIBRE (disappointing follow up to NAPOLEON DYNAMITE); LADY IN THE WATER (funny but don't think it was meant to be); ME, YOU & DUPREE (not funny but think it was meant to be) and ADRIFT (more like... erm,... yawn?). Remember this guy?


It's him again!


Well, they are making a film about him!! Go HERE for that little gem. Can't be worse than most films I've seen that are supposedly 'based on true events'. Life-wise, I have been working with the Students' Association which has been fun, Freshers' Week starts next week! Eep!
Today I got a free ticket to see Aberdeen get beat by Celtic 1-0. Go HERE for a report on the game. The 'Deen were pretty good and I think a draw would have been more appropriate. Thanks to Steve for taking me along. Although its September, the weather was something else today, went to the game in T-shirt & shorts and was still too warm! I love global warming.


Steve Irwin: 1962-2006


Finally, STEVE IRWIN died earlier this week after he was attacked by a stingray. Although I ain't a fan, I was still saddened to hear of his death. So I won't end on a joke this week but will let you remember all the times that Mr Irwin has made you laugh.

C
posted by Cameron McEwan at 8:56 pm -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives