This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Thursday, January 25, 2007
HARRY HILL IS BACK, OSCARS & AN EXAM
Just for a change I'll do some DOCTOR WHO 'scuttle'.

First up, there's been a heap of new figures released which I promptly got and sold on eBay. Fav at the moment is probably the 12" CLOCKWORK DROID or 'Man' as they call him. So far only ARGOS has got them which is a bit of a pain having to go there but the rewards are great! Elsewhere it was confirmed that DEREK JACOBI will be starring later this year, click HERE for that story. He, as I am sure you will remember, was the voice of The Master in an online story, THE SCREAM OF THE SHALKA. Interesting to see what he will be.....


Derek Jacobi, yesterday.


CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER has got somewhat dull after the hoopla last week. Although poor 'ole DIRK came in for a lot of hassle from the terrible twosome, DANIELLE and JO who really have not learned or changed from their awful behaviour last week. Joining them was the terrible CLEO as she lept into some colorful characters including 'Tiara' and some other creations that were toe-curling-ly awful. All that news about new housemates going in turned out to be false, bah! Elsewhere on telly, HARRY HILL returned in HARRY HILL'S TV BURP and, as always, was ace! Predictably he tore into BB and did so very well. I hope he's still on air when WHO returns. Another show I am looking forward to returning is THE IT CROWD and interestingly it has been picked up in the US for a pilot, click HERE for that story. Guiltily, I watched the season premiere of AMERICAN IDOL (for the first time I might add) and by Christ that show has some weirdos! They all hate Simon and he hates them but check out 'monkey' boy as he calls him:



Music-wise, BILLIE is back in the charts. With the help of Radio 1's CHRIS MOYLES, "HONEY TO THE BEE" is back in the Top 20 and the charts are a better place for it - might have to start playing it at gigs again! Got last year's album by MIDLAKE, "The Trials of Van Occupanther" and it is flippin amazing. Gonna have to rethink my top ten of last year 'cos there's also the two albums mentioned in the last post too, oh blimey! Also, the following new tunes have caught my ear, click on them to hear 'em.
The Shins: "Phantom Limb"
Karine Polwart: "Daisy"
Nerina Pallot: "Learning To Breathe"


Billie, yesterday.


Film-wise, ain't seen anything dues to revision, ahem, so there's many to catch up on especially as a few of them are OSCAR NOMINATED, which brings me neatly onto... the OSCAR NOMINATIONS. Rather excitingly, I watched the nominations live online. PAN'S LABYRINTH managed 6 in total, mainly 'craft' nominations, which also got MARK KEMODE teetering with joy, hope it does well. Due to the fact I ain't seen a number of the films yet, I'll reserve judgement but I strongly feel CHILDREN OF MEN was greatly overlooked. Good to see Penélope Cruz getting on a nod even though everyone thinks HELEN MIRREN is getting it. Bah! Once I have seen all the nominees I'll make my remarks.


Pen, yesterday.


Finally, had an exam today, READING SHAKESPEARE. Not sure how I did but I hope I did okay 'cos I flippin' hated it so I do not want a resit.



What do you do if you smash your toe?
Call a toe truck.



Schnarf

Til the next time
C
posted by Cameron McEwan at 7:16 pm -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives