This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Wednesday, March 14, 2007
I Have A Confession To Make.....
OK, here goes.

I'm gonna come clean about something I have been doing for the past week or so that I haven't mentioned so far in my blog because:

a) It reflects badly on me
b) I am ashamed
c) I feel weak but can't stop doing it
d) All of the above

If you know me well (some of you do) then prepare to look at me in a different way. Some of you may already know what I am about to say, or even type....

I watch COMIC RELIEF DOES FAME ACADEMY.

Wow, that feels good. I have given a name to my addiction. And I know other people watch it but I never thought I would be one of them mainly 'cos I ain't ever watched it PLUS I loathe PATRICK "Where is my personality?" KIELTY and I don't have much love for potential CDW, CLAUDIA "Davina? Me? No, never heard of her." WINKLEMAN.


I hate them both, but at least her gob is open and his is shut.

Also, I hate almost everything about this show - the judges are solipsistic, the previously mentioned hosts can't present properly (just see how they close a show) and the tutors are taking it all a bit too seriously. It's meant to be for COMIC RELIEF guys - tell a joke, give a cuddle, just shut the eff up. Which brings me to my main beef about the show, the comedy element. Granted the comedy element isn't that good but a show that is for comic purposes should at least try to keep the 'funny' people in. At no point have the audience voted off any of the comedy turns which would I could, at least, accept BUT it is the judges AND the fellow 'students' that have got rid of the best things about the show - see FRED MCCAULEY; MEL GIEDROYC; MIRANDA HART - all voted off by the people that should know better. It ain't about singing you halfwits! You jerks! Having said all that - I'm hooked. Thankfully it's all over this week so I shan't bore you with it much longer.


One of them is avin' hoops, apparently.

Saw LIFE ON MARS for the first time this season and bloody good it was too. Much laughs when Sam "Named after Rose apparently" Tyler introduced himself as "Tony Blair". Even more laughs when they were all sitting in a van (which was the same shade of blue that the TARDIS is and I said it out loud at the time - I know, I am a geek) and the other guy referred to Sam as "The Master". That's intertextuality for you. 'Interestingly', they broadcast the new 'trailer' for DOCTOR WHO just before it, not long now.


Cripes!

Lastly, I've been playing a new game. Don't have a name for it yet, let's see if someone else can. First off, you go to the BBC website. Got to the news and click on a current story. Then, using the links at the side (on the right) see how far back in time you can get through the 'related' stories. Today, I got from THIS story (about the sad news of the death of GARETH HUNT) to THIS story from December 1997. At the moment I call it the "Let's see how far back in time we can get on the BBC news website using the related stories links". If you can think of one better than let me know. Feel free to let me know the results that you can come up with too.


I was reading this book, 'The History of Glue'.
I couldn't put it down.


Schnarf


Til the next time
C
posted by Cameron McEwan at 5:01 pm -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives