This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Friday, June 22, 2007
Indiana Bones & The Bus Pass Of Doom!
First pic from the new Indy film, taken by my close chum STEVEN SPIELBERG.


Any wheels on that chair Mr Ford?

At the moment it has a bit of a stellar cast: CATE "Did You Notice Me In 'Hot Fuzz'?" BLANCHETT; JOHN "I Was In The Animated 'Lord Of The Rings' Film" HURT; RAY "Mr Beaver" WINSTONE; JIM "I Was Once 'The Doctor' In A Comic Relief Special" BROADBENT; and, erm, oh yeah! HARRISON FORD. To be honest, I'm not sure about this project but, unlike many people I know, I do not judge stuff before I see it. I want it to be good. I love all the Indy films, even the 'less good' TEMPLE OF DOOM. Anyway, let's hope they don't eff it up. Still with movie news, here's a picture from next year's BATMAN flick, "THE DARK KNIGHT". It's not spoilery, so don't worry.


It's called a 'Bat-Pod' apparently, watch out Apple!

This film's cast is just as talented, but perhaps not as stellar, there's: AARON "Can You Name Any Of My Films?" ECKHART; MAGGIE "I'm The New Katie Holmes" GYLLENHAAL; HEATH "Sorry About 'The Brothers Grimm' - I know It's Pish" LEDGER; ERIC "I Was Once 'The Master' & Brother Of Julia" ROBERTS. Of course, they join the returning cast from the 'first' film, BATMAN BEGINS. Really looking forward to this one. This could be one of those rarities in the film industry - a sequel that doesn't blow. The same, however, cannot be said for OCEAN'S 13. Although it is better than the previous, this franchise was dead on its feet before the first one finished. How these flippin' people get to make these movies is beyond me - oh yeah, sorry, they make heaps of cash. I forgot. Plus, CLOONEY and PITT seem to think they have some chemistry on screen. Speaking dialogue over each other does not a funny scene make. Arseholes. Also went to see ZODIAC. Hhmm. Some of this was very enjoyable, notably the actors: ROBERT DOWNEY JR - on great form again after top performances in KISS KISS BANG BANG and A SCANNER DARKLY (even though I hated the film itself); MARK RUFFALO - again, always good performances despite the film (JUST LIKE HEAVEN for example) and does a neat Columbo-esque act; and a top cameo from BRIAN COX. JAKE "My Sis Was Mentioned Further Up This Page" GYLLENHAAL was rather bland but imminently watchable. Sadly, the film was way too long and due to a poor resolution (based on real life - not the filmmaker's fault) I was left with a 'bleh' kind of feeling (it's an actual Film Studies term) despite some top directing from DAVID "I Did A Paula Abdul Video" FINCHER. An opportunity missed I feel.


Nicholas Ampersand-Whelks in action.

DVD-wise, I've just made my way through Season 8 of SEINFELD. Always great (even though it is the poorest of all the 'full' seasons) with some top extras. Another release which has some immaculate extras is HOT FUZZ. Lots of documentaries and four, count 'em, four commentaries. Most amusing was the cast commentary when we find out they didn't know that CATE "Second Mention In This Post" BLANCHETT appeared in it. We also get to see some of PETER "Sorry About 'King Kong' - It Stank" JACKSON in action behind the scenes - he was the Santa who stabs SIMON PEGG'S character, in case you didn't know.

The Spice Girls Reunion is put on hold 'til Geri gets back into shape.

Finally, an addendum to my last post about DOCTOR WHO. In the episode The Professor said he was found on the "Silver Devastation" (I am aware that this was part of his 'invention'). In Season "One's", THE END OF THE WORLD, the FACE OF BOE is introduced as being "from the Silver Devastation"....... Coincidence? Who can say......Doctor Who, that's who! On TV there have been some interesting ads for tomorrow's episode, you can see it HERE. MCFLY? ANNE WIDECOMBE? SHARON OSBORNE? Yup, they're all there!


"I now pronounce thee, Robot & Husband. Who's the bitch in white?"


At Christmas, a group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories.
After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. "But why?" they asked, as they moved off. "Because," he said, "I can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."


Schnarf

'Til the next time
C
posted by Cameron McEwan at 1:55 pm -
2 Comments:
  • At 4:18 pm, Blogger Misssy M said…

    Sorry Cammy, but I had to look twice at that Harrison Ford pic to make sure it wasn't from the old films- he looks great...and I still would....wheelchair or no.

     
  • At 1:48 am, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    No need to apologise, I think he looks great too! I wouldn't... well maybe I would.

    I am being slightly sensationalist when I use words like "bones" and "bus pass".

    Cheap jokes are where it's at for me.

     
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives