This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Tuesday, July 17, 2007
STILL GAME IS BACK!!!
First up, as always, some DOCTOR WHO scuttle. There's a pic!

Step Back In Time?

Other than that, there's no news. The Christmas special is being filmed as I speak, or even type, but it's shrouded in what the media call 'secrecy'. On UKTV DRAMA they had a WHO weekend and showed lots of 'classic' (now, remember what we say about that word) and 'new'. It's a pity they decided to show garbage like ATTACK OF THE CYBERMEN which was very difficult to sit through, mind you they did air my fav, THE CAVES OF ANDROZANI. Others on show included THE THREE DOCTORS (which was slightly better) and THE DEADLY ASSASSIN which hasn't aged well at all. The PAUL MCGANN TV MOVIE got another outing and got nothing but guffaws in this household - why did the DALEKS put THE MASTER on trial? Why is he now half-human? Timing malfunction? Eye Of Marmony in the flippin' TARDIS??? And so on like that.

I Should Be So Lucky?

Continuing with that channel, JULIA LOUIS-DREYFUS's show THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE has begun. I have a lot of love for that woman mainly, of course, because of SEINFELD and I wanted to like this. Thankfully, it wasn't terrible. I laughed, out loud mind, on a number of occasions. The premise is dated and very US sitcom-y but there are some laughs to be found due to the lead's obvious comic abilities. I'm sticking with it for the time being. STILL GAME has returned to our screens with no hype whatsoever, found it was on quite by mistake. It's pretty much the same as ever although this particular episode, set in a park on a sunny day (like wow man - it could be 'Seinfeld'), was alright. Not great but some LOLs there. OMG, did i just turn 'Laugh Out Loud' into an acronym? Christ.
The Loco-Motion?

Film-wise, I went to see HARRY POTTER & THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX. Yes, another bloody sequel. I am not a fan and find the films 'OK' at best (the first two, however, were excreable) but this one was a bit of a mess. The 'climax' was poorly directed and I was left confused as to what was actually happening (I know it's 'magic', a bit like a poor man's 'force'). And whats-his-face's death? It just looked like he went through a magic window to somewhere else. The film's plus points came in the form of the cast: IMELDA "Snutty" STAUNTON was fantastic and I was surprised (but happy) at how much of the film she appeared in; GARY "How Many Times Am I A Good Guy?" OLDMAN didn't get enough screen time and the same can be said for ALAN "I'm Hungry, give me a scene to chew through" RICKMAN, he was very funny and almost every line delivered elicited a chuckle from yours truly. As for the 'main' leads, these guys are not getting better, in fact quite the opposite - they don't have the 'emotional range' (to quote whats-fer-face) to handle the different scenarios. Still, everyone's making sh*tloads so what do they care? Sticking with film, if you wanna see some of INDIANA JONES in action with SPIELBERG and LUCAS, then go HERE. Check out Georgey Boy's T-Shirt, it did make me larf.

Slow?

Music-wise, I 'got' "Octopus" by THE BEES and it is bloody good, very summery. The same cannot be said, however, for the latest release from the once God PRINCE, "Planet Earth". It caused a fuss in the UK 'cos it was given away free with a Sunday paper and the shops didn't like that. I'll tell what I didn't like, the flippin' music on the effin' CD! One half decent song and that's it. Return to form? Are you c**ting me? As I always say about him, everything after '88 is pish. This week's CDW nearly went to VICTORIA ADAMS, sorry I mean "MRS BECKHAM", sorry I mean "POSH", due to their arrival in the US but that's not really their fault. So, instead, I am awarding the very rare VADGE-BATTER SOAKED TOSSER OF THE WEEK AWARD to SIMON COWELL after reading THIS story. Although, to be honest, I should be awarding it to the source - "It really is very embarrassing and undignified seeing someone like Simon Cowell lighting up in the street"! I mean, really. Give me an effin' break.


A boat carrying red paint and a boat carrying blue paint crashed into each other.
Apparently the crews were marooned.



Schnarf

'Til the next time
C
posted by Cameron McEwan at 9:15 am -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives