This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Thursday, August 16, 2007
HAPPY DEATHDAY ELVIS!
Nobody says "deathday" do they? You get "birthday" constantly (too much if you ask me, get a grip it happens every year) but not this term. Anyway, today it applies to the "King" (my quotations, I do not think he is music royalty), ELVIS PRESLEY. Thirty years ago he died, or did he? Mwah ha ha ha...... People's lives (or rather, the media) are so devoid of anything we have to have the death of a cheeseburger eating, toilet sitting, berk (That's right, I said berk!) rammed down out throats. Moving on.... Not much in the way of WHO scuttle this week. KYLIE to return (before she's even appeared!!), go HERE to find out if she'll be the next TATE. A fire destroyed part of the set where the TV show ROME is filmed. Why is this relevant you ask? Well, apparently there's gonna be a WHO episode filmed there - check the story HERE. Interestingly, and I use the word quite abstractly, the rumour mill is now matter-of-factly stating that Davey T is leaving due to taking the role of HAMLET with the RSC. There's no confirmation of this but I first heard the story a couple of months back. It's not going away which doesn't bode well.... Last time I mentioned there were some auctions involving DAVID TENNANT related items and I have an unpdate, I won one! I missed out on the signed script, see HERE, which went for over £2,500 (I stopped at £1,200) but I did get THIS item. I have it beside me now, ooo, kissin' an' a cuddlin'. Oops.

Alas, poor K-9, I knew him well.

Elsewhere on TV, still very little. SKY ARTS have started showing A VERY PECULIAR PRACTISE which was first broadcast in 1986 and stars PETER DAVISON. Very odd watching it again. I loved it first time round and enjoyed it again but it was sloooow. I hope it picks up a little. On the download I watched the pilot of THE BIONIC WOMAN which stars ex-Eastie, MICHELLE RYAN. What to say.....? Garbage. Utter tripe. The script doesn't warrant my attention and the acting was worse. Special effects? Special in the BLUE PETER sense. Her running was no better than the running witnessed in SUPERMAN back in the Seventies. I will say that she was pretty OK in the role - her accent was good and she handled it without looking like a total tw@t. When this comes on over here (if it does), don't bother. You'd be better off headbutting a tramp.

Bionic? She can't even run properly!

Sticking with me not liking things, I caught KNOCKED UP which I was really looking forward to. The production team's 'previous', as the Rozzers say, was excellent but this was just stale. Really mainstream, pretending to be alternative but not really, mediocre stuff. Guys, a bunch of stoners sitting around 'joking' is not that funny - we've seen it all before. Ironically, the stoner scenes in 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN, which had two of the same flippin' guys in it, was funny. Where did they go wrong? It's a romcom disguised as a hip/teen/alternative/druggie comedy. I laughed twice I think. Hugely disappointing. And the ending? Aaarrgggg! Was it THE WEDDING PLANNER/MAID IN MANHATTAN/TWO WEEKS NOTICE? Take your pick 'cos I couldn't tell the difference except there weren't any 'big' names here. I'm giving up the CDW of the Week Award for the time being. SPEARS is too good. There aren't enough different sluts about at the moment. A sad indictment of our times. You may have noticed that I am on FLICKR now, check it HERE. It's mainly eBay related items though.

When's she gonna start acting like a CDW?

Elvis was at B&Q
He was returning a sander.


Schnarf

'Til the next time
C
posted by Cameron McEwan at 3:26 pm -
2 Comments:
  • At 8:22 pm, Blogger Misssy M said…

    NO CDW????- must try harder. What about the return of the FBSW?

     
  • At 7:15 pm, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    I'm sorry. Nobody really bugged me that week.
    It has returned though!

    Also, I fancied up my MYSPACE page, have a lookee if you haven't already baby.

     
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives