This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Monday, September 03, 2007
"It'll Blow My Cock Off!"
THE IT CROWD delivers this week's quote of the week again, but more of that later. First up, as always, here's even more WHO-scuttle (just in case you haven't had enough). PETER DAVISON confirmed on TV that he is indeed in talks to make a return to DOCTOR WHO, although no word on exactly how. If they are in talks now then it seems unlikely that he would appear in Series 4. Could this mean he is to star in one of the 3 specials mentioned earlier today? Dunno, bit it's too exciting. The rumour mill is also suggesting that the BEEB are gonna start screening 'classic' WHO in place of NEIGHBOURS when it moves to C5. Crazy, yes. Very. Finally, the show (WHO, not the 'Buzz) received a HUGO Award (prestigious Sci-Fi thingy) for the second year in a row. Interestingly, it went to THE GIRL IN THE FIREPLACE (my favourite of that season if you remember fact fans) which was written by STEPHEN "Blink Will Get It Next Year" MOFFAT who also wrote the winner of last year's HUGO - THE EMPTY CHILD/THE DOCTOR DANCES. Well done SM, stout work.

Bad news for WHO fans as next year's budget is cut.

OK, on to TVLand and the aformentioned IT CROWD. Another great episode, though not quite as good as last week's, with a memorable performance from MATT "The More Discerning Of You May Know Me From 'The Mighty Boosh' or 'Garth Marenghi' But I'm Best Known For The Voice Of The Volcano In The Volcanicity Ads" BERRY - "Fathaaaaaaaaa!" Cannot wait for next week. And that wraps up telly for this week, bastids! I went to the cinema to see the "looks like a romcom but isn't", NO RESERVATIONS. I laughed twice - once when a TV in the film showed a Bugs Bunny carton and the second when a TV was showing some stand-up from Jerry Seinfeld. Nice work guys - a RomCom without romance or comedy. And out of the cast, who all should know better (apart from CZ Jones), I feel sorry for ABIGAIL "Little Miss Sunshine" BRESLIN. She was very good but I hope she gets a new agent.

And why is she the butt of all jokes?

Music-wise, there's a great new song called "One More Chance" by CANDIE PAYNE - check it out. I listened to albums from THE CORAL, AMY MACDONALD and NEWTON FAULKNER but felt that life was too short to listen to them again. Not terrible, I didn't want to set fire to my eyelids (it was close though), just really dull. The odd good song here and there but someone should tell Mr Faulkner that JOSE GONZALEZ covered "Teardrop" a couple of years ago and he did it with a helluva lot more panache, you lazy C. Speaking of Cs, JAMES BLUNT is back with a new song entitled "1973", which I can only assume is about his parents making him (he was born in '74, the young pup) - and that freaks me out. Anyway, the song itself made me chuckle. Noticeably the rhymes that take place, 'Simona' with 'Sober'. Ha ha, what a carwash C. Surprisingly, for Blunt, I don't loathe the song but I can't decide if it's because of the rhymes or the fact that his voice sounds like a car horn from the Eighties. Keep it up Jimmy B! Still with the 'C' word, check out THIS story with EAMONN HOLMES using it!

This is a terrible person.

Amusingly, I have a blog tracker which allows me to see how many people visit me (not who they are though, you're quite safe) and it offers other info too. There's a lot of you bastids out there, so thank you and I'm sure you will be amused to know that one guy (I assume it's a guy) has visited this blog because he searched for three words and his search engine referred him to me. The three words? "Cum", "Soaked" and "Slags". I laughed out loud when I read this, the idea of someone looking for CSGs but getting the latest news about DR WHO. Ha! So to this week's CDW Of The Week Award and it goes to the gob herself, COURTNEY LOVE. I'm doing this because she put the blame of OWEN WILSON's recent suicide attempt at the feet of STEVE "Is Anyone Watching 'Saxondale'?" COOGAN. He gave him the drugs apparently. Yeah, not the ones he overdosed on, just the ones he needed to have a good time. I am not saying drug use is acceptable but he's a flippin' adult for eff's sake. She even went as far as to say Coogan should 'get out of town'. The words of a crazy jilted lover if you ask me, which you didn't. His suicide was his fault, no-one else's. He took the drugs, he slit his wrists. Her words are not helping the situation. Now two Earth points if you can name two films Coogan and Wilson 'starred' in together (and no looking up IMDB).



What time is it when an elephant sits on your fence?
Time to get a new fence.


Schnarf


'Til the next time,
C.
posted by Cameron McEwan at 10:03 pm -
2 Comments:
  • At 3:18 pm, Blogger Misssy M said…

    I just want to point out that Meeester and i are not only watching but enjoying and (shock) laughing out loud at Saxondale.

    And the IT Crowd was hilarious this week. The photo of Chris Morris on the right side of the altar made me spit a mouthful of wine out involuntarily.

    And I don't like to waste wine...

     
  • At 9:25 am, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    Crikey! I also watch it and I did laugh but only because he mentioned the 'classic' live Genesis double LP, "Seconds Out".

    Yup, I'm a geek.

    I really enjoyed Morris in THE IT CROWD so I'm kinda sorry to see him go but it was effin' good send off.


    Fathaaaaaaaa!

     
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives