This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Heath Ledger: 1979 - 2008
As you no doubt already know, HEATH LEDGER has died.

Heath: Last weekend in London (18th Jan).

At the moment it is too early to say exactly what happened so I will not go into the details. Needless to day this is a very sad situation especially if his death was accidental. In THIS interview, the young Australian speaks of difficulty sleeping. Here's an extract:

...and, as often happens when he throws himself into a part, he is not sleeping much.

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” he said. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” One night he took an Ambien, which failed to work. He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing.

As THE JOKER.

Although I was not a great fan of his work - I've only seen three of his films - I was terribly shocked when I saw the rolling news on the BBC website just before 10pm [GMT] last night. In fact, I let out an audible gasp which got the interest of my 'partner'. Below is one of the most recent pictures of him filming the new TERRY GILLIAM movie, "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus".

On-set of the new Terry Gilliam film.

As many of you regular blog readers will know, I was (and still am) greatly looking forward to his role as THE JOKER - what I have seen so far (the opening seven minutes and the trailer) he is excellent. I can't imagine how the team working on THE DARK KNIGHT are feeling, having to watch him over and over again knowing what they do. Sad too is the fact that Heath is the second person to die who worked on the BATMAN movie - a crew member died last year. You can see that story HERE. To end with, here's the trailer for that film which, by all accounts, he has finished all work on including post-production.

video


Saddest of all, of course, are the people he has left behind.



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Cameron McEwan at 10:44 am -
2 Comments:
  • At 5:46 pm, Blogger RandomPinkness said…

    What shocked us the most, I reckon we found out bout same time as yourself was, he just seems like the last person you'd think this would happen to.

    Like yourself I've not seen much of his stuff but he was a bloody good actor, and as the Joker he looks amazing. It is going to be with a strange feeling and sadness that I'll watch The Dark Knight with.

     
  • At 6:00 pm, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    He does seem like the last person that this would happen to. His death seems so unbelievable because he seemed like such a bright talent.

    Anytime I saw him interviewed he was likeable even if I didn't care for the film he was promoting.

    Speaking of which; A KNIGHT'S TALE was when I first saw him and thoroughly enjoyed both Heath and the film - he was a very sympathetic character; next up was BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN which he was excellent (as we all know) in; and lastly was THE BROTHERS GRIMM which I didn't car for at all but is charm made it, at least, watchable.

    As for THE DARK KNIGHT, it will be a somewhat tragic affair now not only for his fans but also for his colleagues and family who will have to go through all this again when it's released in July.

    Even today, I'm still pretty shocked and saddened by his death.

     
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives