This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Tuesday, May 27, 2008
So, Who's Better - Winelist Or The Papparazzi?
There's only one way to find out..... FIGHT!

Put some of that energy into making a record love.

Moving on to more serious news... I know a lot of blog readers here have been concerned about the lack of chocolates available that are shaped liked an anus. Well, your prayers have been answered by THIS site. Check out an example below:

It's not what it looks like. Oh, hold on. It's exactly what it looks like.

A while back I mentioned that I caught a couple of episodes of THE BIG BANG THEORY and commented on the mise~en~scene - yes, I did just use that phrase - suggesting it didn't really display the true geekoid nature of a flat full of 'nerds'. Well, time to eat my zeros and ones reader. Last week's episode saw two huge geek objects, well one was huge. They got the time machine from the film, erm, THE TIME MACHINE but what was that in the background....

Yes, that is the dial from THE TIME MACHINE...

Still can't see it? It's above his head, beside the space shuttle. On a slightly different note, I remember when the first space shuttle went into space for the first time (well, the first time they told the rest of the world about it). I was getting my hair cut. True story. Anyway, enough of my life.

Now you see it!

Yup, the guys have a flippin' DALEK in their room. It's a pity the rest of the show isn't as interesting. So, why am I still watching? No idea. Maybe 'cos I'm a geekoid. Though I'm not really. [Coughs] Moving on to other TV. PEEP SHOW continues to entertain though the whole rape thing wasn't done well and was all too predictable. LEE MACK proved to be a competent host of HAVE I GOT NEWS FOR YOU? and I did enjoy his 'sexism'. What's wrong with being sexy?

STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE re~make?

Film~wise, I finally got round to seeing IRON MAN (and , yes, I did wait for the post~title sequence). Most enjoyable it was too mainly due to the top drawer cast. Not too sure about the idea of an American being the 'hero' in the land of the 'other' and the fight sequence at the end was overlong and poor. ROBERT DOWNEY JR. continues a fine run of form in his later years and director JON FAVREAU shows us what a diverse talent he is. Next up, here are the the one~sheets for the new MIKE MYERS flick, THE LOVE GURU and SPACE CHIMPS.




'Til the next time,
C.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Cameron McEwan at 1:09 pm -
7 Comments:
  • At 2:56 pm, Blogger joy said…

    I can't believe The Big Bang Theory made it over to you guys. It was the one show that I was sure I was gonna hate when I saw the pilot. And yet, for some reason, it's watchable...usually when absolutely nothing is on.

    Still, it's part of the geek chic trend, and since it's been picked up for next year, it's likely to be around for a while. Weirdly enough.

     
  • At 3:49 pm, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    I found myself sucked in too.

    Nothing great, just watchable.


    There's a much better 'geek' sitcom over here called THE I.T. CROWD which, I believe, has been remade for the US.

     
  • At 5:49 pm, Blogger joy said…

    "There's a much better 'geek' sitcom over here called THE I.T. CROWD which, I believe, has been remade for the US."

    Right...because we haven't ruined enough of your programming. Heh.


    p.s. Totally just added your DW blog on my Google Reader.

     
  • At 6:10 pm, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    Ha ha, yeah - you guys killed John Lennon!

    Actually, I lurve the US version of The Office. But I think I've made that clear already.

    Very happy that the remake of Spaced (one of the most perfect sitcoms ever? Discuss) seems to have finally been binned.

    But, without wanting to make the UK seem like the greatest place on Earth, 'we' have made terrible versions of US shows.

    There's a kind of version of Curb Your Enthusiasm which stinks. A UK comic also tried to do a Seinfeld for the UK but failed. And I seem to remember a version of The Larry Sanders Show that also sank without trace.

     
  • At 6:13 pm, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    PS. oh yeah, thanks for adding me!

     
  • At 7:22 pm, Blogger joy said…

    It's funny that it's usually the sitcoms they tend to redo - US/UK humor is just too different, methinks.

    And while you're happy about Spaced, I'm happy that they shelved the Jay Leno/Top Gear show. Even Leno knew we'd screw that up royally.

    Of course, I'm somewhat afeared for Life on Mars next season. I never managed to get hooked on to the UK version (because I couldn't figure out the attraction of my birth year)...but now, with Jason O'Mara (and Colm! Meany!), I might have to tune in.

    Sorry to go on - I don't even know what I'm worried about, really - the inevitable SAG strike will probably kill the fall season anyway. Sigh.

     
  • At 8:18 pm, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    Wow, I didn't know about the Jay Leno/Top Gear show. That would have been odd.


    The trailer for Life On Mars didn't fill me with hope but I'll wait before passing remark. Although, technically, I just have remarked.

    I'd like to see some UK/US crossovers like Desperate Footballers Wives In The City

     
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives