This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Thursday, August 14, 2008
BYE BYE BONEKICKERS!
Gone and, hopefully, forgotten...

Gugu goes ga~ga...

Yup, BONEKICKERS crawled to end. And slightly disappointing too. Not many laughs, mainly just rubbish. Why they concentrate this show on the irritating Scottish bint (who I won't give the luxury of naming her) who cannot act is beyond me. The highlight was certainly was HUG ME I'M A CHOCOLATE BAR and his exclamation of "Don't mess with me, I'm an archaeologist!" when confronted by a man with a knife. Cue ADRIAN LESTER'S inexplicable, "So am I!" and then a fight ensues in which they overpower professional hitmen. Tuesday nights won't be the same...

KEITEL joins the cast of LIFE ON MARS - USA style!

Providing many larfs on the same night was MAESTRO. I caught the last half an hour 'live' as it were and I haven't been so amused in a long time as when I witnessed PETER SNOW conducting the orchestra. I dunno what amused me more; his awkwardness or the fact that not only were the audience in tears (laughing) but so were the orchestra! Not very profesh there guys. Top marks to The Snow~meister's cousin, JON SNOW, for using the phrase "gets your balls tingling". This show surprised me with its quality, so I watched the rest on the iPlayer. Quite good, not too dumb for a reality show and I actually knew all the people involved. 90 minutes was perhaps over~stretching it though. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

It's been a while, but she's back!

After that I caught the last 10 minutes or so of HOW NOT TO LIVE YOUR LIFE - the new sitcom from BBC3 - and, due a "late era~Genesis" gag, I decided to watch the rest of it on the aforementioned iPlayer. Not many laughs but there were a couple, I'll give it another go. Providing more laughs was THE KEVIN BISHOP SHOW over on CHANNEL 4. The series is nearly finished and I'm a bit miffed to have missed it as the one I saw provided no less than 10 giggles. Some of it is puerile nonsense (and unfunny) and none if it is entirely clever but it's quick and this brevity keeps you watching for the next good bit. [Richard Madeley] Well done, an old fashioned sketch show with modern sensibilities... [/Richard Madeley]

Another series of KINGDOM? Are you effin' serious??

Elsewhere in TVLand, BRITAIN FROM ABOVE started and what a patronising load of old primary school garbage this is. I was looking forward to this (I even bloody taped it!) but what we got was not Britain from above at all. What we got was a day in the life of the bloody road system and a 'tantalising' look at the guy who monitors people putting on the kettle after EASTENDERS. So old. So dumb. Speaking of old, I meant to do a post on the OLYMPICS OPENING CEREMONY but that was over a week ago now so I won't bother. It was truly awesome but if, like me, you watched it the UK you were probably shouting at the inane commentary from HAZEL "Too Many Scottish Women On TV" IRVINE and HUW "Welshy Welshy" EDWARDS.

One of these ladies is KATY PERRY, the other is ZOOEY DESCHANEL....

When China presented their 'history' the guys made a point of mentioning all the unpleasant eras and commented on their absence in the show. Now, due to this post being old someone has beaten me to the point. FRANKIE BOYLE did a bit about it on MOCK THE WEEK and so I won't repeat it but if this was a week ago, you guys would be larfing! The gist (in case you didn't see MTW) of my monologue was that if the UK were to do a history as part of the opening ceremony in 2012, I am sure they would miss out stuff like all the 'wars' with Wales, Scotland and Ireland. Not to mention this country's part in slavery and global domination. Back to Beijing and when Iraq came out in the opening, the camera focused on GEORGE "W" BUSH to which one of the numb~nuts said, "That'll give him something to think about". These people are being paid for this drivel.

PERRY and DESCHANEL together! But which one is which?

I mentioned in my last post the topic of lazy journalism; seems I'm not the only person who gets annoyed by it. In THIS post on his blog, GRAHAM "The Guv'nor" LINEHAN mentioned how they were looking for ideas for props, etc..., to use in the office for the new series of THE IT CROWD. You know, geek ephemera. The BEEB got hold of this story and reported like THIS. Yup, 'desperate for props' (I did want to do an 'urban' gag about 'props' here but decided against it) and this, in turn, irked the Line~mesiter who blogged about it HERE. Again, the BBC want to sex everything up into a 'story'. It's not like there isn't anything going on in the world at the moment!

The German version of THE IT CROWD. No, really.

'Til the next time,
C.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Cameron McEwan at 11:01 pm -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives