This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Monday, August 11, 2008
GEORGIA MOFFETT is Back!
Oh dear....


I am, of course, referring to the new BBC3 televisual event that is SPOOKS: CODE 9. Before I get on to that I will, rather amusingly, point out that people are still being directed here by search engines looking for any combination of: sexy pictures of, georgia moffett nude, et al. Even more so in the past few days as her episode of DOCTOR WHO, this year's THE DOCTOR'S DAUGHTER, was just screened in Australia where the show is incredibly popular. Actually, not incredibly, more like extremely. And so to this spin~off from SPOOKS (which I've never seen).


I'm not gonna waste your time like this opening night of two episodes wasted mine. I could have been watching BRITAIN FROM ABOVE you know! (Don't worry, got it taped!) This show stinks. Not in a BONEKICKERS way (which seems positively brilliant in comparison) but in a more cynical and unpleasant way. To put it neatly, the guys and gals and BBC3 thought, "We don't have TORCHWOOD anymore and it was popular for us. E4 have got SKINS and that's popular for them..... I know! Let's combine the two!" Yes, it's that abysmally transparent.


Of course, you might be a nine~year old with learning difficulties who thinks that sounds like an effin' great idea. If you are, what are you doing reading this? The cast are so awful that my thesaurus doesn't have the capacity to convey my loathing for them. Sadly, the script was worse than that - one of the youngsters used the phrase, "Turn on a sixpence". Now, I have never used that expression and I haven't heard anyone under forty say it. The idea that the kids are saying it five years or so is just risible. Mind you, it fits in with the idea that these oiks could actually be recruited to act as spies. Personally, I wouldn't let them touch my tits let alone a gun.

The less said about the direction/editing the better - it's like the makers of this travesty were conveying the youth and inexperience of the cast by hiring people who have never used camera and associated equipment before. Plus points? The initial premise is good - Britain in the throes of a nuclear attack. And, just to ram the point home, we were reminded of Britain every five seconds with the inclusion of the Union Flag in either a transitional 'wipe' or plastered on the face of a crim. But that's where quality ends and arse~bangingly dire storytelling begins. At least you can laugh at Bonekickers, this has nothing. Also, I prefer Georgia as a blonde.....


'Til the next time,

C.

PS. To see more pics of GEORGIA "Not Sexy or Nude Photos" MOFFETT in the show, go HERE.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Cameron McEwan at 10:09 am -
2 Comments:
  • At 2:50 am, Blogger joy said…

    Ummm, is that a no on Skins, then? That one starts this Sunday.

     
  • At 1:20 pm, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    I've not actually seen any SKINS.

    It's aimed at people (and I use that term lightly) half my age so I gave it a miss. Let me know how it goes!

     
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives