This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Monday, September 15, 2008
DOCTOR WHO: Up~Close Exhibition
Cardiff, Sept '08

Host

Many years ago way back in - ooh - nineteen - let me think - eighty something, I visited the DOCTOR WHO exhibition in Blackpool. In fact, I took it in a few times and, for some reason, the one thing that really sticks in my mind was a prop from the 1982 story BLACK ORCHID, the self~titled book. Now, there was lots of other stuff but that's the one I can still picture clearly. I also remember the shiny Cyberman badge I got from the shop that seemed so futuristic to a pre~teen me. Sadly, there was no shiny, futuristic badge for me to buy at the shop that greets you at the UP~CLOSE EXHIBITION in the show's home, Cardiff. (Actually, there was I chose not to.)

OOD

It's not the biggest of venues and I was disappointed at the brevity of my stay in the exhibit, there's just not that much to see there. As good as it is, there's just not enough (a bit like my first wife). And the prices in the shop? Come on! Anyway, Cardiff itself works neatly as a DOCTOR WHO exhibition with many familiar landmarks. The bay area is fantastic and the MILLENIUM CENTRE is truly a wonder. Pub fans may like to take a trip to THE WATERGUARD, a lurvely venue just a minute from the stunning SENEDD building. Not a recognisable brand name to be seen! (Apart from the crisps.) Top marks to Cardiff - I'll certainly be going again.

WEEPING ANGEL

You can see more (what, more?) pictures of the exhibition HERE and some Cardiff pictures (mainly TORCHWOOD and WHO locations) HERE. Regular readers will know that I visited Stratford~Upon~Avon too but, unfortunately, I didn't take any snaps. I did, however, see IAN "The Guv'nor" BOTHAM just after he got out of a helicopter that touched down nearby to where me and Mrs StuffOnTv were taking a stroll. He then proceeded to walk about town like he was a 'normal'. Crazy bastid.

Millenium Centre

'Til the next time,
C.

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Cameron McEwan at 9:32 pm -
10 Comments:
  • At 11:05 pm, Blogger joy said…

    Thanks for the fabulous pix of the Millennium Centre...it's on the 1001 buildings to see before you die list with good reason.

    And, thanks for the other Cardiff pix...you're slowly but surely cementing a London-Cardiff daytrip for me in December.

     
  • At 9:40 am, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    Happy to share!

    Actually, I got some nifty fridge magnets on my travels. I'll take some pix and post them on Flickr.

    As a last note on Cardiff, the weather was pretty poor when we ere there but it certainly did not dampen our spirits. A must for Who fans!

     
  • At 3:46 pm, Blogger joy said…

    Oh, yes, please do. The promise of good magnets will always make me travel.

    Also, I have to say, I forwarded your pix link to my sister and her first reaction was, "it really *is* gray there all the time!"

     
  • At 5:23 pm, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    I'll let you know once I've taken the pix.

     
  • At 11:49 am, Anonymous Richard Barley said…

    Hey Cameron, sorry to hear about Blogtor Who. I blogged my commiserations here: http://richardbarley.com/2008/09/25/no-regeneration-for-blogtor-who/

    Will you be bringing more Dr Who stuff back into this site, or have you had enough of the stinking plagiarists?

     
  • At 4:20 pm, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    Richard
    Thanks so much, I've left a comment on your blog.


    I will only be reviewing DW related materials here and maybe do the odd news thing (if big enough) but not as quickly as I did with BLOGTOR.

    Thanks again,
    Cam

     
  • At 9:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will greatly miss Blogtor Who, I am terribly saddened that it will not continue, which sites were ripping you off. It is very sad

     
  • At 10:47 am, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    Without going into names, there were about 8 sites regularly using the same content. But there were more who have stolen over the past few months.


    Thanks for the support.

     
  • At 9:54 am, Anonymous Ted Hammond said…

    Cameron, I did the post of Anonymous saying how sad I was about the closing of Blogtor Who. I would like to go to some of the sites you used to get information so I can try to stay updated. My e-mail address is ted.hammond@libpp.com I live in the states. You don't need to post this to your comments. I just wanted to find a way to get in contact with you.

    Thanks,

    Ted Hammond

     
  • At 8:41 am, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    Oops!

    Sorry Ted, I posted your comment by mistake. Anyway, the info has been sent.

    Thanks again,
    Cameron

     
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives