This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Sunday, January 11, 2009
First POOH in 80 Years?
Bet that felt good!

No, of course not, it's this story HERE. As always, fact is slightly more boring than fiction. Film~wise, I took a trip to the cinema - my first since September of last year! So bedazzled and confused was I by the experience that I decided to make the most of this journey and watch two films. First up was MADAGASCAR: ESCAPE 2 AFRICA.

That reminds me, how is GIRLSONBIKES.COM getting on?

I'm not going to waste your time (or any more of mine) on this 'movie' but I will point out that there were trailers for three dog~based films before it. Have we totally run out of ideas? Yes, what a dumb question. Next up was YES MAN. It has a charm but if you don't like Zooey "So Yummy, She's Scrummy!" Deschanel or Rhys "Conchords" Darby then there's not much going for this piece.

Strewth, Cam likes me!

I gargled with laughter when Darby was onscreen and purred with trouser~tightening delight whenever Zooey was visible but, other than that, not much else is memorable. The premise is too light and Carrey's conversion into being a Yes man does not come off as believable. Still, it's got Zooey singing on it which more than makes up for everything else. Her band, Munchausen By Proxy, have some top tunes, leading me to 'get' the soundtrack. If you listen closely in one of the party scenes you'll hear the excellent Ana Ng by my faves THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS. Tops!

"Me? Trouser~tightening??? Why Cam, you old romantic..."

Music~wise, MORRISSEY is back! Now, in my youth (hell, even ten years ago), this would have me reaching for the party balloons and prophlyactics like no other. Sadly his returns these days don't inspire the same fevour as the younger Cam. His new release, Years Of Refusal, does have some sparklingly good moments. Well, two. Namely the tracks Something Is Squeezing My Skull and It's Not Your Birthday Anymore where the Moz~man shows off some vocal skills and traits that he hasn't before - quite new and exciting.

Oui, je bored...

But that's where new and exciting end. The band are bored. Either that or they have no new ideas or interest in musical diversity (I suspect the latter). All the music sounds the bloody same! Go listen to Viva Hate or Vauxhall & I where the Moz & Co. show that the studio is somewhere a work of art can be created - not just cracked off in some arse~hole of a rehearsal room. To make matters worse for the 'fan', Mozza has included two tracks (previously released as singles) that were included on the last Greatest Hits compilation. Something is squeezing my wallet more like!

Quelle dommage...

Actually, I didn't pay for it. This is the second time I have not purchased a Morrissey album and, if he continues in this dull fashion, I shan't be again. Elsewhere it's made up of songs that would not have made B~Sides for the Ringleaders Of The Tormentors album (which did nothing for me at all) such is their blandosity (new word for '09!). From die~hard fan to just~plain bored. Well done STEVEN!

Not often you see a picture of Genesis in polite society, but here we are...

Telly~wise, it's a bit of a wasteland though big thanks to BBCFOUR for doing a Prog Rock season. Nice! Well, it kept this Genesis fan happy anyway. CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER has begun and the lack of racism is most notable though the misogyny and sexism is up. Swings and roundabouts I guess. Must be said, I haven't really seen any of it though I did catch boyband 'hero' Ben "Remember A1? No, Me Neither" Adams say "I met my last three girlfriends on FaceBook." If only I realised that's what it was for. Superpoke indeed...

What, no mention of me at all in Stuff~On~TV? Bastid!

Ever the channel to try and match the BBC, ITV1 have created and shat out DEMONS - a worthy opponent to BONEKICKERS in the "This Can't Possibly Be As Bad As It Is" category. I have tried (and failed) to watch it twice. Couldn't do more than ten minutes. Shame on Phillip Glenister who, rather loftily I feel, claimed that he was only interested in real drama. And that accent! By Satan's nut~bag, what were you thinking? (And, by extension, everyone else involved in this atrocity.)

Sadly, we won't be waiting 80 years for her to deficate...


'Til the next time,
C.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Cameron McEwan at 2:07 pm -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives