This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Monday, February 09, 2009
Don't Forget 'Bout Petey G!
He won too you know!

The new panel of American Idol takes shape...

What the eff am I garbling about? Today the news has been agog with the BAFTAs (well done Mickey Smith!) and the Grammys, focusing on the Brits. Now I don't want to take anything away from the Planster, Adele or, heaven forbid, Coldplay but there was another Brit winner Stateside too. Stand up Peter Gabriel!

I lurved his Christian Bale impression...

Petey G received two awards for his work on the film that should be getting all the 'proper' awards, Wall•E. Yet nobody's going on about that! Pah, I say! Winning one award is worth a mention let alone two. Anyway, I just wanted to share my lurve for the man and I am already preparing the disposal of my trousers in anticipation of his performance of Down To Earth at the OSCARS.

Incredibly, that's Harry Hill!

Lastly, another reminder that I'll be doing my next ABERDEEN STUDENT RADIO show on Tuesday, Feb 10th from 5-7pm. You can tune in from anywhere in the world HERE and, at the moment, it looks like this will be my regular 'slot.' Remember, you can also catch up on some old shows HERE whilst you can download them from iTunes HERE. Use the subscribe button for minimal future effort!

Fag hags!

'Til the next time,
C.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Cameron McEwan at 2:38 pm -
2 Comments:
  • At 11:29 pm, Anonymous Whelks said…

    On the subject of Petey G, I was recently reintroduced to his music by my brother recommending I listen to "Downside Up", featuring Liz Frazer and Paul Buchanan.

    A quite excellent "PG tip" - heeheehee.

    Have to agree that Peter Gabriel is often unfairly overlooked - probably as much due to being labelled under "World Music" and then shoved out of view...

     
  • At 8:53 am, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    Now that is spooky.

    Last night in bed I stuck that very same track on the ole stereo. Hadn't listened to it in quite some time.

    Petey G does an excellent live version of it too. Cracking tune.

    It's from a soundtrack of sorts for the Millennium Dome show called Ovo. Well worth checking out. Night~time listening.

    There's another super song on it called Father, Son which will get the tear ducts flowing.

    Here's hoping his second OSCAR nomination turns into a win!

     
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives