This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Friday, May 29, 2009
DAVEY T IS BACK!
And he hasn't even gone.

Hold on, that's not him!

What am I gargling on about? DAVID "Where Are My Trousers?" TENNANT is reprising his role as Hamlet (along with the rest of the excellent cast) for television. BBC2 no less. A proper channel! You can read the story HERE but so far there's no date fixed though OLIVER "Ford" DAVIES did blab some time ago that they were filming in June. As regular blogites will know, I caught the production in Stratford~Upon~Avon last year and subsequently posted a review HERE. I actively encourage you to catch it when it screens, even if you think Shakespeare is a bit duff (which many do) - the production will make you forget who wrote it.

Knockers!

Elsewhere in 'real' life (something I don't like to normally 'talk' about but find I am increasingly recently), one of the short films I made was shown at a film symposium recently. It was a bit embarrassing (as I'm in it) to have it splattered across the big screen in front of 80/100 strong audience but incredibly flattering that RAUL "John Malkovich Is His Referee, No Really" RUIZ choose it (and introduced it beautifully) for viewing. It was the only 'student' film to be shown so my back was sore after all that patting. Anyway, self~indulgence over.

Yup, he really was on IDOL! Again!! (Poor Adam, sniff...)

TV is dying a bit these days. All the US shows have finished and all we've got in Blighty is THE APPRENTICE and that's purty much it. I've been watching ASHES TO ASHES which may surprise those of you who remember my slating of it last year (didn't last the full series) but I gave it another chance and am glad I did. The characters have become less of a parody with episodes concentrated on the narrative and intriguing ongoing backstory. Much less of her going on about everything in self~referencing, all too knowing way. FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS is on BBC FOUR, though as some of you know, I was watching US style (*coughs*). The latest episode in the UK was my fave, featuring a superb MAGNOLIA pastiche and the tit~tuggingly tittersome tune, I've Got Hurt Feelings. You can read my review of that episode HERE.

Eminem is not very good.

Movie~wise, not so much either. I caught NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2 (though I note with interest that its release title in the States is Night At The Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian - are we Brits too dumb to understand? Possibly.) and was foolish enough to adorn trousers to the event. Yup, I forgot that AMY "Be Still My Beating Heart" ADAMS was in it. Cam 0-1,534 Dry Cleaner. And, as usual, she's the best thing about it and worth seeing it for her alone. Some other stuff happens in it but if you've seen the first one then you'll not be surprised by its sequel. It's not terrible though the inclusion of Darth "The Guv'nor" Vader was horribly misjudged, coming off like a skit on kids TV. And I think that RICKY GERVAIS should perhaps keep his trap shut when it comes to criticising the state of the UK film industry and get back to making proper television.

There's no way she would fall for Ben Stiller. Is there...?

'Til the next time,
C.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Cameron McEwan at 9:48 am -
4 Comments:
  • At 12:29 pm, Blogger joy said…

    First - supercongrats on the film debut!!!

    Second - thrilled that I'll (eventually) get to see Tennant's Hamlet. Even if it still makes me bemoan my December London trip.

    Third - wrong post to say it on, but I'm on the fence about all this last-minute Ten stuff. Fish or cut bait. It feels like the Beeb has decided to milk the last X months on his contract for everything they possibly can. (Or DT is.)

    Fourth - curious to know about this American-style viewing, though I don't watch FotC.

    And last - I haven't seen Museum 2, but am heartily surprised that it beat Terminator:Salvation's opening box office. (though my sister's fiance agrees with the Amy Adams being the best thing about the movie)

     
  • At 5:44 pm, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    First - [Davey T] Ah, thank you. [/Davey T]

    Second - It'll be released on DVD soon after and then broadcast in the US in 2010.

    Third - Get off the fence, join the party!

    Fourth - By 'American-style' I mean I downloaded it after it was broadcast Stateside (as I do with a number of shows).

    And last - On a different note, it's weird they canceled the TV show just as a new movie creates more interest in it. Daft buggers. (Though I should point out that I only saw the pilot of 'The Sarah Connor Adventures'. Sorry, 'Chronicles'.)

    Amy Adams would the perfect big screen companion for The Doc (especially if it was a musical). Looks like I'll have to make do with Karen "Amy Adams~lite" Gillan...

     
  • At 10:57 am, Anonymous Scardis said…

    And if you thought 'Planet of the Dead' was trouser tightening enough wait until you hear this.
    The next audiobook in the Tenth Doctor range is to be called 'The Rising Night'. It's written by a script editor called Scott Handcock (no really) and it's going to be read by Michelle Ryan. So much entendre that even Captain Jack wouldn't catch it all.

     
  • At 11:11 am, Blogger Cameron McEwan said…

    Blimey!

    Next they'll be giving us a hot, young red~head as a companion..

     
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives