This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Friday, June 12, 2009
Tears Are Words The Heart Can't Express...
... sniff, poor Miley...

I know that's not Miley, I'm hip man. It's Kim Kardashian, right?

For one moment I thought she'd hit upon the world's greatest lyric but let's hope she gets a hit or two out of her misery. Remember - young gals have feelings too. Emotions aren't just the currency of the jaded. Moving on. The BEEB managed to finale another show this week (did I just verbalise a noun?), HAVE I GOT NEWS FOR YOU?

What two creatures sing the theme tune? A horse and a bee: Neigh - buzz

This run has been excellent and I really must touch myself inappropriately whilst thinking about PAUL MERTON as he's still, after all these years, nut~crunchingly funny. Some of the guest hosts haven't been as good and I was rather keen to see TOM "I Met Him Once" BAKER and Brian "GORDON'S ALIVE!" Blessed return - maybe in the Autumn. So now really, there's nothing on telly. Except...

Chris O' Dowd's been hanging out with the wrong crowd...

BBC2 are sticking with their Thursdays Are Funny schtick and we (and by 'we' I mean approximately 2 million people in the UK) were treated to a double bill of new stuff. Actually, treated is not the right term. Subjected would best describe the first hour - two episodes of KROD MANDOON & THE... You know, I've lost the energy in which, not only, to type the rest of the title or to bing* it. For a comedy, it wasn't very funny.

There are more laughs on his jacket than in Krod Mandoon.

In fact, entirely larf~free - so well done to all involved for creating a show so devoid of originality (granted it was, and I used the word quite wrongly, a 'parody') or creativity. Makes me yearn for NOT GOING OUT. Yes, there I said it! What's wrong with studio~based sitcoms?? Not everything can be THE flippin' OFFICE you know!!! Anyway, where was I.... reads back... shame on MATT LUCAS, he should know better. Making up the second half of this comedy double bill was the return of THAT MITCHELL & WEBB LOOK.

Studio~based sitoms? Is he havin' a laugh?? Meow!

They're not the most outrageously hilarious double act in the world but they hit more times than they miss. A thinking man's ARMSTRONG & MILLER if you like. Nice to see them back regardless and the guys were in fine form after a slightly disappointing second series. I will say that their 'rocket science' gag had more signposts indicating the punchline than the new Banksy exhibition has bloody obvious 'social' observations. (Hey Cam, what's the deal? First you have a go at Armstrong & Miller and now Banksy?? Who next? John Barrowman???) But it still made me giggle.

A fine bro~romance?


'Til the next time,
C.

* I know! How 'hip' am I??**


** Not very.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Cameron McEwan at 10:55 pm -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives