This is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWANThis is a Blog from CAMERON K MCEWAN

 

 

 

Saturday, July 04, 2009
I Don't Often Boast.... [Part 2]
Blimey!

Who booked her AND Springsteen? And why is she holding a loo brush?

Blogites with poor short~term memory (always the first thing to go) may not remember THIS post where I went on and on about my Uni results. Acting as a sequel, of sorts, this post will continue in that self~congratulatory tone. (Well, seeing as there's no Doctor Who on telly, what else am I gonna do?)

C'mon LiLo, embiggen your gob some more!

For the very first time this year, the Film department are handing out prizes for students. I have been awarded the 'Lumiere Prize' for my film ABZ. It has been awarded, and I'm quoting verbatim here, "in recognition of a piece of practice-based film course work which exhibits exemplary craft and originality." Again, regular bloggons will remember THIS post where I detailed how the very same film was shown in the Aberdeen Art Gallery for a few weeks.

Can a leper change her spots?

I should, at this juncture, remind you blogotrons out there that this was only my third film (ever) so I feel particularly tightened in a certain trousicular area. I have since found out the prize could have equally gone to my second film (made with a fellow student), In The Blink Of An Eye - which is, if you ask me but you didn't though here's my opinion anyway, the better of the two. It was also a favourite of RAUL RUIZ who has shown it a number of times. Still, at half an hour, the one chosen is certainly longer.

Never date a tennis player, love means nothing to them...

In telly news, which is what this blog used to be about (before the dark times), there's nothing. Well, I say nothing. The BBC's coverage of GLASTONBURY was superb as was WIMBLEDON. Sniff. Moving on. THAT MITCHELL & WEBB LOOK continues to impress greatly and is shaping up to be their best series yet. So many good sketches, too numerous to mention but I should point out that the extra stuff on the Red Button (that's a digital 'interactive' feature for those who don't know) is sometimes better than the stuff they stick on the actual programme. Top stuff.

Ritchie gleefully eyes a negative review that ain't about one of his abortions.

Movie~wise, I caught PUBLIC ENEMIES. Hhmm, despite 'starring' CAREY "Blink & You'll Miss Her (Do you see what I did there?)" MULLIGAN this didn't quite do it for me. The HD digicam stuff was not nearly as clever as MICHAEL "The" MANN thought it was. And more effin' shaky~cam action?? Come on! It did look great (though it was sometimes difficult to tell) but the performances didn't affect in any way with only BILLY "Looks A Bit Like Johnny Depp" CRUDUP earning his paypacket. And when will Hollywood stop glamourising criminals and positioning authority figures as a~holes? Ah well, the world turns.

Poker face? You bet I did!

'Til the next time,
C.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Cameron McEwan at 9:48 am -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment

Links

Previous
Archives